Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Nick Kristof Makes Me Vomit Today

I read the New York Times Online Everyday. I know, I might as well be a Commie Stooge for doing so, but despite their awful editorial page and nearly worthless Op/Ed's, the paper is still worth reading, at least until the Washington Post's international coverage gets a bit better. Anyway, I also tend to Read Nicholas Kristof, because he's usually pretty good, and does a good job on foreign affaris wiritng. Ever since Tom Freidman went nuts, he's been the only lefty worth reading in the "Paper of Record" So imagine my shock today when Kristof decided to unfavorably compare the United States with Cuba and CHINA(!) when it came to infant mortality rate. You can read the column here if you're a registered NY Times reader, and you have the stomach for it. Looking at the article on it's face, and knowing how repressive both Cuba and China are, I felt that Kristof had to have something wrong, that he couldn't be correct. So, I turned to the internet, and the Captain at Captain's Quarters(check out Milhouse's entry below, had done some research, having about the same reaction to the piece I did.

In his crushing analysis he finds that on the all counts, Kristof is hiding facts. Go read it and then write a letter to Dan Okrent, the Public Editor of the Times. I know he never actaully chastises the columnistst, but he's more honest than a lot of people over there. I need a good dose of ether to clam myself over Kristof's crap.

(hat tip: Instapundit)


3 Comments:

Blogger Kang said...

You're not a Commie Stooge for reading the New York Times. First of all, Krugman and Dowd's creative section is often very amusing. And what daily newpaper can pass as a substitue for news coverage (even if slanted)??

Wed Jan 12, 11:06:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Milhouse said...

The Sun?

Wed Jan 12, 03:34:00 PM 2005  
Blogger C.M. Burns said...

Well, as I said, except for the International Section, the Washington Post(Which has a much better national news section than the Times, IMO)

Wed Jan 12, 04:00:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home