Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Theo Van Gogh And the Oscars

The Oscar's were broadcast the other night, and since I have issues I had to watch them. Pretty dull. I liked it when Chris Rock went after some of the "lesser" Hollywood "stars", like Colin Farrell especially, I man who gets good parts simply because the industry seems to THINK he should be a star, talent or not. I think Jude Law's a better actor than Rock gave him credit for, but I'm glad he made the joke because now the whole world can know just how humorless Sean Penn is. God, what a dick.

Anyway, K-Lo over at the corner wondered why Theo Van Gogh, the Dutch filmmaker murdered by Islamic radicals in the name of jihad didn't get his name in with the rest of the "In Memorium" crowd. They had room for the guy who wrote Rambo: First Blood Part II, but not this guy? And don't tell me it's because he's foreign, because Leni Reifinstahl, head filmmaker of the Nazi's, get a clip last year. Why the silence, Hollywood? Still, I mean?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home